Enjoy some thought-provoking quotes about truth.
- You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (Bible, John 8:32)
- Search for the truth is the noblest occupation of man; its publication is a duty. (Mme de Staël)
- There is nothing so powerful as truth — and often nothing so strange. (Daniel Webster)
- When two truths seem to directly oppose each other, we must not question either, but remember there is a third — God — who reserves to himself the right to harmonize them. (Mme Soymonoff Swetchine)
- The grand character of truth is its capability of enduring the test of universal experience, and coming unchanged out of every possible form of fair discussion. (Sir John Frederick Herschel)
- God has revealed many truths which he has not explained. We will just have to be content to let him know some things we do not and take him at his word. (B.A. Copass)
- Our recognition and apprehension of the highest truth is essentially an affair of the heart, far more than of the head. (J.B. Kieffer)
- The greatest friend of truth is time; her greatest enemy is prejudice. (C.C. Colton)
- Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life.” (John 14:6)
- Christ did not simply speak the truth; he was the truth — truth through and through, for truth is a thing not of words but a life and being.
- There are few nudities so objectionable as the naked truth. (Agnes Repplier)
- Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. (Andre Gide)
- All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- Chase after truth like hell and you’ll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat-tails. (Clarence Darrow)
- The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth. (Edith Sitwell)
- All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. (Galileo Galilei)
Ultimate truth versus Relative truth
Ultimate truth is the ultimate state of reality that is devoid of all ephemeral, temporal, transitional things that are found on earth.
Relative truth is the perception of reality as it exists on earth. So named because social conditions, human wisdom, lifestyles and human achievements are constantly in a state of flux.